Assisted by Derbyshire Fox rescue

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Hail in the combe

The weather didn't look that promising early hours today so I left So Cruise indoors and set off on the Night Patrol alone.  It proved to be a wise decision as I encountered a fierce hail storm and quite strong winds at the top of Brim Hill.   Becbla the blind vixen was sheltering in the hedge and managed to snatch a chicken thigh and retreat before another fox rushed up to grab the second thigh I had thrown.

Further down the combe a bedraggled one-eyed badger boar approached and mindful of the cold snap consumed a banana, two chicken thighs, a handful of peanuts and three chunks of chub.  This should keep him going for a few days at least.

The weather had improved by the time I got back but I was pretty wet and chilled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment