Assisted by Derbyshire Fox rescue

Friday 3 September 2010

The return of Meadow Vixen

A most gratifying and worthwhile cliff patrol with Mr Cruisedog and just reward for going out not feeling that good. Three nights ago, Meadow Vixen appeared with a gaping hole in her side - which looked suspiciously like a gunshot wound. There was little blood and she could run without limping. I immediately contacted Derbyshire Fox Rescue who sent me (by return post) antibiotics to tender in case of infection.
After being missing for three nights, she appeared tonight and the wound appears clean and on the mend.
My Vixen (much older animal) was also back after appearing very frightened and though still a little spooked, took food.

Breathing now quite laboured walking uphill and will see my doctor later today for antibiotics of my own for what is almost certainly a chest infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment