Assisted by Derbyshire Fox rescue

Thursday 19 November 2009

Few people know that ...

... whereas animals are indeed creatures of habit - they also change their habits periodically ... 'Variations on a theme' was the case tonight as the foxes returned (after being missing for a few nights) with a vengeance outside my house. An old favourite (vixen) appeared in my garden for a feed before I set out on my rounds with the Cruisedog. No less than six foxes appeared immediately - without my calling to them. At the second stop however, where there are usually three or four foxes (including Jackal, the dog fox) a solitary fox 'Lop Ear' sat alone and reaped the benefit of being first to the chicken scraps. In the meadow, not a fox to be seen - strange. At the barn, I didn't expect much activity, as earlier, farmers with two tractors had been clearing out prior to bringing the cows under cover for the winter. I was right as only a single 'regular' waited in the orchard - a field away - but approached as we left. No badgers again anywhere to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment