Assisted by Derbyshire Fox rescue

Wednesday 11 November 2009

First 'live' post ...

... and aptly, it's on the second anniversary of that great, original site, Preconderotous - which had the first fox video posted on it. A lot of rain about and like cats, foxes don't really like getting wet, so we (Cruisedog and I) don't expect that many 'customers' when we set out on our nightly rounds of Maidencombe. However, as I always remind you, we never know what we'll see - every night is different, every night an adventure and no matter how bad the weather may be, we always get back home knowing it has been worthwhile. This site was only put together after having a chat with a lady at the same checkout queue in Lidl on Tuesday (Nov 10th) ... she was looking with a little curiousity at my trolley which was laden with 5 boxes (15 to a box) of dog chub, 7 tins of dog food in jelly and 18 X 1 kilo trays of chicken thighs. I turned and said to her: "It's for a big dog - a VERY big dog!" But she wasn't going to have it and replied: "No it's not, what's it REALLY for?" Reluctantly (you never know the views of people on the subject of feeding wild animals - particularly foxes and badgers) I revealed what it was for and one thing led to another and as she seemed genuinely interested, I gave her the greathashgod web address which she (and apparently the checkout girl - who was listening) noted down. I said I'd put a message up for 'the lady from Lidl' - which I've done and there we are - or here it is - a site dedicated to the foxes and badgers where I live. If you did manage to find this site, ladies, I'd love to hear from you - just to know that you found it. You can either post a message after any post (which would keep you anonymous) - or my email address is: preconcruiser@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment