Assisted by Derbyshire Fox rescue

Saturday 3 July 2010

Now two vixens taking food by hand

For the past week a coastal vixen has been approaching to take food from my hand. She has gradually gained confidence the past few months and now she's had her batch of cubs she's come closer and closer and 9 days ago she snatched a piece of meat off me. She's only missed one night from the past 9 days (raining and foxes dislike the wet like cats) and now trots alongsideme as I go to the feeding point. She now takes the food more gently and last night her two cubs darted up to her to try to take the food, but she didn't let them as they now look big enough to catch their own. Until a better name suggests itself, I'll refer to her as 'Meadow Vixen' as opposed to my other vixen 'My Vixen' who I've know for some time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment