Assisted by Derbyshire Fox rescue

Friday 25 June 2010

More Maidencombe magic ..

... on the cliffs tonight as Mr Cruisedog and I meandered ... A rare occurrence as a usually cautious coastal vixen approached and actually took food from my hand - well, nearly took my fingers as well with a very decisive snap of her powerful jaws. The cubs then pranced around and I counted five of them along with two attendant vixens. They all looked healthy and contented with life. Shining my head torch around as we walked down the hill to the cliffs, I picked out two pairs of eyes - one following us and another on top of a roof ... ! Closer inspection identified a cat on the (tin?) roof and the fox following us was an inquisitive fox watching our progress. High up in the woods above Cruisedog Towers, a lone fox sat observing us but it was an 'outsider' who would have been chased away if any of the local 'owners' of the patch had seen it. I threw it the last piece of chicken I had and it ran off in alarm, thinking I was aiming a missile at it. However, Mr Cruisedog and I waited in the darkness down our path and sure enough, after a few minutes, the fox returned and found the food and with it in his mouth, stared down at us before loping away. As I always say - every night a different adventure for me and Mr Cruisedog ...

No comments:

Post a Comment