Assisted by Derbyshire Fox rescue

Wednesday 16 June 2010

Fascinating fifteen minutes ...


... spent after getting back from our clifftop jaunt in the wee hours of June 16th. Mr Cruisedog had finished most of the meat off his lamb bone but I couldn't give him the bone to gnaw on as it was definitely 'on the turn', so I walked up to my gate and called ... and sure enough, one of my regulars appeared from across the road. I threw the 14 inch bone into the field by the lane lamp and waited. The vixen approached the large lamb bone and then ... jumped in the air with alarm! She had never seen anything like this before and treated it as though it was alive and kicking! It was highly entertaining, watching her circle the bone , sniff cautiously and jump back. Eventually, she made a grab for it and tossed it in the air (presumably to see if it was really alive and dangerous) ... seeing all was well, she snatched it and fled into the darkness ... I returned down the path and met a very disappointed looking Mr Cruisedog, who knew what I had done with his precious bone ...

No comments:

Post a Comment