Assisted by Derbyshire Fox rescue

Friday 11 June 2010

Saturday, 8 August 2009

A strange sighting ...

Walking back up the hill with the Cruisedog at dusk, a strange sighting took place. Usually I take a camcorder with me most excursions - but unfortunately not this time. As we rounded the bend, a cock pheasant darted out of the hedge and on seeing us approach, stopped transfixed. Nothing strange about a cock pheasant you might think - but this one was. It was jet black with a white neck and bright red and black tail feathers and a little smaller than the 'usual' pheasant. I stopped dead and Cruisedog immediately sat and we both stared at the apparition. After a few seconds, it turned and ran - road-runner style up the lane and disappeared through a hole in the hedge. What with the strange sighting of the little white bird recently (see above vid clip) and now this bizarre sighting, I'm beginning to think that there's been a mass escape from an aviary somewhere ...

Thursday, 6 August 2009

Just off on our nightly rounds ...

... of the cliffs and byways of Maidencombe ... then the Cruisedog and I'll be back for more of 'It's all done in the best possible taste' ...

Wednesday, 5 August 2009

My beloved Maidencombe (on sea) ...

Fifty years a resident - my green and (mainly) unspoilt kingdom ...

The co-editor (Mr Cruisedog to you lot)

Saturday, 1 August 2009

Albino bullfinch?

For some time now, dear old mum has been telling me that there's an albino bullfinch visiting one of our birdtables. I wasn't convinced until this morning I got a glimpse of it and managed to get a very short vid clip before it saw me and flew off. I'll post the clip shortly. Fascinating eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment